Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Silence, Blasphemers! Hate Speech And Heavy Metal: Are Anti Christian Artists A Necessary Evil?

I've been sorting through old files (uni / work) today and I came upon one of my old uni assignments. If I recall correctly, a mate dared me to include an expletive somewhere in the text. I did one better, I included one on the first page! Ok, so I'm going to hell but I reckon I'll have plenty of company there... :-)

Once, I was pretty sharp. I forget that sometimes, now that I've turned into a "disabled person".  It's as if - to some people - the loss of my independance and ability to do some of the things I used to do has also led to a commensurate softening of my grey matter. I've encountered some really stupid people who treat me as if I am really stupid (is that, like, stupid squared?). The very next person who does so is going to get my framed Masters degree smashed across his or her head!

But I digress. Yes, this was a real assigment I submitted. Yes, I submitted it uncensored. So Mum, if you're reading this, sorry about the language (it's them (the naughty bad metallers) saying it, not me). Sorry also for the crude lyrics in parts, but if I was going to fail for my choice of topic I was going down big-time!

As it happens, I got a Distinction. To this day I am still unsure whether this was due to the quality of my work or whether the lecturer was worried I was a nutjob who might burn his house down if I didn't get a good grade.

Personally, I'd like to think it was a little of both...

Link below:

Research Assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment